Back to School
Is Your Car Ready to Go Back to School?
Back to School usually means more time spent in the car. Whether your shuttling the kids to and from school and after school activities or if you have a new teenage driver in the house, we'll make sure your car is safe and clean with this checklist and our Back to School special offer!
- Alignment - Potholes, rough roads, and regular wear and tear can get your car out of alignment. If you notice the car pulling to one side when the steering wheel is centered, it might be time for an alignment.
- Tire Tread - After all those summer vacation trips, now is also a good time to check the tread on your tires, too. One easy and practical method is the good ol' penny test: place a penny in the tread with Lincoln's head facing down. If you can see all of Lincoln's head, you likely need new tires. While you're down there, check your tire pressure as well.
- Battery – Batteries can fail at any time with little warning and summer heat is particularly hard on them. If your battery is more than four years old or if you've had a tough time starting your car lately, bring your car in and we'll test the battery to see if it needs to be replaced.
- Lights and Wipers - With shorter days and inclement weather ahead, make sure your lights and wipers are working properly so you can see the road and any potential hazards clearly.
- Brakes - Stopping when you need to stop is always important. If the check break light on your dashboard is on or if braking is rough or noisy, there's a good chance you need to have your brakes inspected. Stay safe and let us check them out for you!
- Oil – Plan ahead. If your car is coming up on an oil change, bring it in before you get too busy with school activities.
- Clean - Start the school year off with a clean slate and a clean car! A clean car can not only make that extra time in the car more enjoyable, but it can make your car last longer too. Bring your car in for a hand wash or detailing service and we'll make sure it's in top shape inside and out.
Need help with any of these? Take advantage of our limited-time offer below and stop by, give us a call at 703-683-5300, or request an appointment online!
Why Yates Automotive?
Trusted & Experienced
- Serving Alexandria Since 1964
- New State-of-the-Art Facility
- Servicing All Makes and Models
- Factory Recommended Maintenance
- Angie's List Super Service Award and BBB A+ Rating
- Open 7 Day a Week
- Located Next to Braddock Rd. Metro
- Lyft/Uber Credit to Get You to Work or Home
- Request a Quote or an Appointment Online